Looking for something light for dinner to beat the summer heat, but still need something that will leave you feeling satisfied?
With all the fresh ingredients you need available at Woolworths enex, this simple, fresh salad can be whipped up as a main on it’s own or as a side salad to the rest of your evening meal.
Follow the steps below to create this light tasty summer dinner:
- 1kg Baby Cream Delight potatoes
- 1/4 cup dill sprigs, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs Dijonnaise
- 3 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large cucumber, halved, seeded, diagonally sliced
- 1 large avocado, destoned, sliced
- 100g bag baby spinach
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- mint leaves, to serve
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Simmer for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine dill, vinegar, mustard and honey with half the oil in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat a char-grill pan over high heat. Thickly slice potatoes and combine in a bowl with remaining oil. Season. Cook potato on char-grill for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Combine potato, cucumber, avocado, spinach and onion on a platter. Drizzle dressing over and garnish with mint leaves to serve.
Recipe serves: 6
10 minutes prep | 15 minutes cooking
*All ingredients available at Woolworths enex